Sunday, October 25, 2009

What A Day =)

Day 26 1st Oct 2009 Thursday

Classic.. Unforgettable..

Knowing that today is a public holiday in China, which also mean no work for us so most of us stayed up late yesterday night. Actually we heard of having dumplings as breakfast today but everyone is so tired that actually none of us are up at even 8am. 8 am is the time we are suppose to go down for breakfast everyday. Actually among our group, I was one of those who slept early as I want to wake up for the breakfast. But then as the three alarm rang consecutively, I snooze all three. Hahas.. rang at 7am but when I manage to look at the time again, it was eight already. This was then I decided to go back sleep as it was too late to go down for the dumpling breakfast. Just as my head hit the pillow, the hotel phone in our room rang, this time waking up my room mate too. so I picked up the call.. I thought it was one of our group member giving morning call sia. It was actually from the reception, calling everyone’s room to inform us of the dumplings and to come down asap as they are afraid it might get cold and becomes very hard to be edible. This call really woke me up and I went round knocking to inform them. So we just simply brushed our teeth, wearing our ‘pyjamas’ suit and went down to have our breakfast. Little did we know that the hotel staff all lined up at the restaurant welcoming us. Was feeling rather bad as we were all late and all were dressed up sloppily. Supposed to be a very special day for them as it is their country national day, but they are very willing to share this joyous occasion with us. The next thing shocked all of us again. On the table, are eight plates of dumplings, each plate has about 20 dumplings, all having the same fillings inside. We don’t know to laugh or cry. Laugh is because the whole table is so filled with dumplings, cry is we have to finish them all. Later we were told the eight dishes of dumplings is something to do with their national day. The table only has dumplings and dumpling and nothing else, not even any drinks on the table. We wanna take a picture of it but none of us brought down camera as everyone was rushing to come down after receiving the call.

Now my stomach is so filled with dumplings! Hahas.

Happy Birthday China!

China turns 60 today! was watching the parade live on TV and I really like their parade march past! Their manpower as you know is really a lot but their drills are all very smart and neat! I’m sure they must have spent a lot of effort to practice it. Their contingent is really a lot! An hour before I leave my hotel for lunch, they were still marching and I believe there were many other contingents coming up behind. So you can imagine how many contingents they actually have! By the way, their parade march past starts in the morning.

Did I mention that today actually marks the first day of the one week holiday in china? Yes, one week off for the local people due to china’s birthday. Shiok right? Hahas… so for today and tomorrow we were given ‘off’ days but it will all be make-up by the company by going back to work on Sundays.

Spent the whole day in the shopping malls and many of us are resisting the temptation on splurging. Shopped from 1pm to 5pm straight! Hahas.

After dinner we decided to take a stroll at the lakeside again. When we reached the parade square, we heard loud music and saw big human circle doing simple exercises. Very cute though and we decided to join in the fun. Light exercises after dinner! Hahas..

Then we walked further down and see how people set up the fireworks. Rare opportunity that we can get so near to the fireworks. However, after one of our group member kana the sparks from the firework that drop down from the sky, all of us shunned for safety. Can’t afford to have more casualties after what has happened. Wanted to buy 孔明灯de, but then the place was so crowded so majority of the group decided against it. Took some photos of the 孔明灯in the sky. The small orange spots are the lanterns floating in the sky.

And not forgetting to take some group photos taken at the lake side! Hahas!

Unforgettable day! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment