Sunday, November 1, 2009

Last Weekend

Day35 10th Oct 2009 Sat

It’s really shop till you drop

This weekend shall be the last weekend we will spend in Jiamusi. Besides the farewell dinner on tomorrow night, it is all free and easy for us. As usual, in weekend, most of us sleep till 10 am or even 12 am and then we went to the usual restaurant to take our lunch. Soon after, we walk to the shopping mall and did some last minute shopping. Cause on Wednesday morning, all of us will be catching the 10.15am train to Beijing. The journey itself will be 23 to 24 hours. Hope I’ll be able to get sufficient rest so that when we reach Beijing, I’ll still have the energy to join in the tour group to visit around Beijing =S hahas.

KFC

The initial plan for today’s dinner is at a Japanese restaurant, but when we reach there at 7pm, the restaurant is already closed sia! Quite disappointed. The only available restaurant for us is fastfood restaurant. We split into two group as some of us wanna eat KFC, some Macdutch. Decided to join the group for KFC. Tried out their 新出炉red bean egg tarts. Yummy! Each of the red beans embedded inside the egg tarts are covered with some jelly like substance. Very chewy, taste just like the bubble tea pearls.

What is the Temperature now?

Having stayed here for 5 weeks already, I realized I have this habit of checking the current and the next day weather. Have to know the weather in order to dress correctly so I won’t be shivering when I’m out in the street. Happened to see Singapore weather while checking Jiamusi weather. I’m starting to miss my Sunny homeland! There’s not a need to check the temperature in SG every now and then. And after experimenting with the cold weather here, I’ve grown to appreciate SG sunny and its small temperature range.

No comments:

Post a Comment