Work:
Today marks the first day of our industrial attachment.

All of us were brought to the multi-purpose hall first to have an introduction by the committee member of Longken General Aviation. The hall was quite grand =) but then there’s no mike leh!
Then I have to strain my ears to listen to the committee member talk, plus they were talking rather fast. I think the company can save a lot of electricity, there’s not a need for air-con, natural air is colder than air-con liao… bet my brother would love this weather right? Hahas.
After that, we had an orientation around the company’s control tower, hangar.
In total there are 11 types of aircrafts here. All are not the commercial type, it’s normally used for putting out forest fire, spraying insecticides and radar communication. The small aircrafts.

Our teacher, we call them 老师here, also tried to explain the different uses of the aircrafts. Through the orientation, my knowledge on aircrafts improved. Before the orientation, all of the planes look the same to me. After this, i find out that I have actually overlooked all the minute structures of different type of planes.

In the noon, all of us attended a 3 hrs lecture all about M-18 aircraft. Shall share with you guys a little bit about it. You guys can google this aircraft (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PZL-Mielec_M-18_Dromader) if u are interested but I doubt so lah. Hahas…
M-18
It is a one seat plane (单座), usually used for agriculture or forest fire. It has a pair of lower wings (下单翼). It’s wheel formation is called 后三点,with two wheels in front, one wheel at the back.
These are some of the aircraft terms we learnt in mandarin:
Rudder: 垂直尾翼
Elevator:水平尾翼
Wing:机翼
Because our first lesson is on aircraft parts and I’m from the electronics part, I’m rather blur cox the lecturer assumed all of us have learnt in SP. Luckily there’s this aeronautical guy sitting in front of me. after his explanation, I understand the mechanical terms and the functions of it better.
Life after Work:
It was totally free and easy for us after work. There’s certainly no restrictions. As long as we get into groups, we can just go out and explore. Like coming here to tour with our friends like that. Probably our officers not here yet.. maybe next week when they come to visit us for a week, have to be good girls and boys. Got puff, got drinks. They are trying to arrange to go for a KTV session here one of these night. Predict this might be interesting =X hahas.
Our daily necessities still not enough lor, so sue ann and her classmates went out to buy more stuffs. The guys here really can eat a lot. I was surprised at the amount of snacks that they bought from the supermarket. As the weather was super cold here at night, I got them to buy a hair dryer. Helps a lot sia.. not only in drying hair, but also in heating ourselves up when we are cold! Lol!








No comments:
Post a Comment