Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Streets of Jiamusi

Day 15 20th Sept 2009

I’m walking on the street

At 10.30 am we set off from our hotel and walked to the shopping malls. Hope you guys still remember that in my previous post that I have mentioned about shopping malls closing at eight. However, they compensate for it by opening their shopping malls at 8am in the morning.

Being the last to wake up in the group, I had to rush everything through and my breakfast for this morning was a piece of snicker bars. Oh! I simply love this chocolate since YJ, was actually glad that I skipped today’s restaurant’s breakfast for this lovely bar =X.

So the 12 of us spilt into 3 groups. I was with Jane and Sue-Ann. We shopped around the basement of the shopping mall. It is like bugis street with lots of clothes at rather cheap price. Then I tried out my bargaining skills that I’ve practiced from the past few overseas trips over the years. Still not bad. Hahas. From 210 bargained to 160. I believe that if I can be more mean and harsh, it can be even lower. Hahas. Never mind, so I take it as a warm up, there are 4 more weeks left for me to brush up. Hehe.

The underground ‘bugis street’ is very big and it actually links up 5 to 6 blocks of shopping malls! This is cool! However, after enjoying the long walk, we have to walk back to the initial shopping mall that we first stepped in. 所谓的先甜后苦。 Bought for myself a “kappa” track pants, sing dollar $6, which I hope to be able to use it for kick box lessons soon when I return from SG. I will be going back to buy a few more piece tomorrow with the group after work, it is really cheap and comfy.

12.30pm was our lunch time! All of us gathered outside the KFC again. Initially they wanted KFC to settle for their lunch, but some of us suggested we go try out the food court at the top level. In the end, it was decided by tossing a coin and the result, see my photos. Hahas.



The foodcourt was quite cool. It is like a normal Singapore foodcourt but just that there is this cashier that we have to go first to purchase this pre-paid card. With this card, we can go to any stall and order our food and the value is deducted from the pre-paid card. Majority of their food look very appealing and is rather cheap plus their servings are very big! One set of meal, which consist of rice, veggie and meat cost around RMB 15 bucks which is around Singapore $3. With that great servings it is really worth it.

After lunch, we went to their cinema, ticketing office to check out their movie ticket price. It cost just around Singapore’s movie ticket. But their popcorn, snacks and drinks are super cheap!

Next would be the guys favorite Arcade!

They have this time crisis 3, house of dead and this basketball ring to shoot. All these game cost a few cents of Singapore dollar each round. For RMB 10, I can exchange for 40 tokens. Each token cost RMB 50 cents. You guys may be wondering why it is 40 tokens and not 20 right? hahas. Because on top of that, for every token there will be one additional token given. The cost was rather cheap but the games there are very limited. I was looking out for Daytona 1 but there were no such machine. But they have “outrun”. The arcade is quite pathetic actually but given the cost, I guess I still can understand.

My internet Cable is Fixed!

Want to hao lian here for a while. Hahas.. quite BHB here but never mind! =P

Okie, since the first day my room internet cable is not functioning well and I have to rely on the erratic wireless provided by one of the member in this trip’s group. Subsequently, the internet cable cannot be used at all. The day before I was pissed off that I finally reported this situation to the staff. As it was rather late and the technician has went home, the staff told us to wait for him to help us check out the cable yesterday. But alas! The techinician could not fix our problem so he told us to wait till today where their professionals will come down solve for us.

Guess what? Early in the morning at 7am today, this helpful professional came and knock on our door! 7am leh! I totally could not hear the knocking but luckily my room mate was able. This is because the two of us actually slept at 3am. Was super super tired but because there is stranger in my room, I decided to wake up. However the man could not help us solve the problem and he told us to wait while he got another man to help us. So off he went, and the two of us went back to sleep as we were very tired. At 8am, another knocking and again, only my partner heard it. This time two man came in and they started to check out the internet cable. While investigating for quite some time, I finally open my mouth and tell them that I suspect that it is one of the small cables that broke off. Told the man which cable it was and he found he and agreed with me! see, hui yin pro right =P hahas. So they brought another internet cable, connect it up and ta-dang! The cable is finally fixed! For now, we just need to buy an internet cable port so that my partner and I can use it at the same time =D

No comments:

Post a Comment