Day One: 6th Sept 2009
Work Hard, Play Hard
6am:
THE DAY has arrived! Thanks to Dad and Mum for driving me to the airport with this thick skin guy =P hahas.. was very touched that yuan and sheron actually took the effort to wake up and send me off. I know it is very hard on you guys =P hahas.. thanks to chen ning for pushing them to come =D I’m definitely touched =D there’s always bound to be laughter with them around. Hahas.


8.30am
Off to Hong Kong airport for transiting. I really treasured this moment as a transit passenger.. hahas.. I think this is due to after being a CYA for 1 yr, serving mostly transit passengers. Their airport got 6 levels that big.. hahas.. and did I tell you that the whole grp of us are students? There is actually no lecturer or agent there to bring us around. So we are rather independent. Wonder around in HK airport for a long time until we finally saw the place we want to go to… at tt time, how I wish they actually have HK ambassadors in the airport =X
3pm
Took another 3 hrs flight to reach Beijing airport. Wah! Their airport is super big! We have to walk a long long long long long way to reach the immigration check point. Their sky train is super fast unlike SG but then their airport is so big that it actually took some time to reach the departure area.
8pm
Finally there’s someone there to guide us. Went to this shop and bought some tidbits… then didn’t give plastic bag. I didn’t know so I asked for a plastic bag. Wah, then the counter sales lady gave me attitude and say plastic bag need to pay. Then I realize this is their culture. Unless in big supermarkets, normal shops usually wun give out plastic bags de.
9.30pm
We were told that the road had a very heavy congestion and that the bus we were in were hardly moving. But having to catch a long train ride at 10pm, we cannot afford to miss this train, so the agent actually have no choice but have to make all of us alight the bus and run towards the station. It was rather ‘lang bei’ because it rained just now and the weather was super cold. We have only our normal jackets. Can’t change to winter clothes as all were in the check in lugguage. Thank God there were some protective guys to protect us girls on the street. It was a very scary experience but thinking back now, I find it rather worth it.. I actually got to integrate with the china atmosphere while rushing in the street. Seems like not only us, but many china ppl are also rushing to catch their train. They were rather rowdy in a sense that they pushed ppl away violently. I kana once lor… the most jia lat thing is that all of us students are wearing different shirts.. almost got lost. But it’s a very first hand experience for me.

No comments:
Post a Comment